Ads Area

How to correct EPF Name and other Personal Details Online

EPF UAN details can easily be corrected online using the statutory body’s unified portal. Offline ways (mentioned below) to correct the EPF details involve calling up the UAN helpdesk or approaching the HR department at your workplace. The two methods have problems of their own.
While running after the HR to get the changes done could take its time, there have been several complaints of the UAN helpdesk not functioning.

The online method is relatively easier and reliable to get it done faster. You can follow the below steps to do it yourself.

Step 1

Log on to EPFO’s unified portal. Note that you will have to be registered with the portal to make any changes. If you haven’t registered yet, just click on “Activate UAN” option on the right (below) on the same page, which will show up under “Important Links.”

Step 2

Once logged in, click on “Manage” and select “modify basic details.”

Please note that if you have already linked your Aadhaar with the UAN, basic personal details cannot be changed on the UAN profile. You will have to get it changed on your Aadhaar, which requires visiting your nearest Aadhaar Enrolment center (if your mobile number is not registered) or you can also do it online on UIDAI’s official website.

Step 3

On the modification page, enter your Aadhaar number in the slot provided. Additionally, you will have to enter details like name, gender and date of birth as per your Aadhaar. Click on “update details.”

Step 4

You will now be able to view “pending requests” on the UAN portal. You will see that your employer is required to verify the profile changes made by you. In case you have wrongly entered any details, there is an option to “delete request” and you can re-enter and reapply for the change. Note that the deletion can only be made before the employer accepts the request.

Step 5

Your employer will receive the request on the Employer side of the Unified portal interface. They can access it by checking the “Member>Details Change Request.” Only after the request is accepted from the employer’s side, the request will be sent to the Dealing Hand, of concerned EPFO office. Your employer will be able to view the status of the request.

On verification from the dealing hand, the request will be pushed to the Section Supervisor, which will then move to APFC/RPFC. Each of the authorities will add their appropriate remarks next to the request regarding their acceptance or rejection. The final approval or rejection rests in the hands of the APFC/RPFC.

Once your Aadhaar is verified and your employer has accepted the request, you will get a popup saying “Aadhaar is already verified. Your details aren’t editable.” While this means that your Aadhaar is now linked to the UAN, basic details cannot be changed.

Please Note: As mentioned before, the basic details on Aadhaar will be reflected on your UAN. For any changes, you will first have to get your Aadhaar details corrected. You can do so online, if your Aadhaar is linked to a registered mobile number, using OTP. In case your mobile number is incorrect, refer to this link.

How to change UAN details offline?

In case you wish to do it offline, download this form. It is a joint declaration form that needs to be filled up by you and your employer and should be submitted at your registered EPF office (your employer can provide you the details of the branch office).

Post a Comment

* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.
  1. Dear I am trying this method 5 times in last 7 month but nothing happens, also I am trying grevienece portal but no results come

  2. SOME MINOR CHANGES will be updated

    Major Changes like Date of Birth Will not be updated easily, for that proof of date of birth should be submitted to corresponding PF office after approval of Employer

    1. Sir i have a doubt....that is who is employer if u know plz tell me
      My email id : [email protected]

  3. My mobile number is lost and my name and date of birth is in correct how can I login in And create passbook

  4. Sir,

    Major Changes like Date of Birth Will not be updated easily, for that proof of date of birth should be submitted to corresponding PF office. but P.F dept have taken huge time also rejected the joint Declaration claim. Another doubt is the P.F Department asked the Aadhar linked as per aadhar (DOB and Name correction, why asked the Date of birth certificate?. The Illiterate old (50 years) employees also left employees unable take the Date of Birth certificate. please clarify


Top Post Ad

Below Post Ad

Ads Area