Ads Area

Just do this to for Jan Dhan Khata with your savings account

In a bid to empower poor women during the Coronavirus lockdown, the Government of India (GoI) has announced that it will credit Rs 500 into the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) Women's accounts over the coming three months. The Rs 500 assistance to PMJDY
Women account holders will be given under the Pradhan Mantri Gareeb Kalyan Yojana (PMGKY). Under this PMGKY scheme, this Rs 500 credit can also be extended to those women who are not Jan Dhan Khata holders but they have a savings account. Such women can either go for a new PMJDY account opening or they can convert their existing savings account into a PMJDY account. 

How to convert savings account in Jan Dhan Khata?

If a woman is already a savings bank account holder then it will be easier for her to convert her existing savings account into the PMJDY account. For that the woman will have to visit her bank;'s branch. There she will have to put up a written application to the bank for issuing RuPay card against her existing savings bank account. After submission of this form, once your RuPay debit card is issued, your savings account will automatically get converted into the Jan Dhan Khata. Apart from this, the woman's savings bank account will become eligible for Rs 10,000 overdraft facility as well provided the bank account holder doesn't have a loan default history. This Rs 10,000 overdraft facility is available only for those PMJDY account holders who have good CIBIL score.

After successful conversion of the existing savings account into the Jan Dhan khata, one will become eligible for the Jan Dhan account insurance as well. Means by single form submission for RuPay card, not only your savings account will become eligible for Rs 10,000 overdraft facility, it will make the PMJDY Woman account holder eligible for Rs 1 lakh accidental insurance cover and up to Rs 3 lakh life insurance cover.

Post a Comment

* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.
  1. My mother already having rupay card for her savings account in a Grameen Bank.
    Is my mother eligible for that?

  2. Honorable Prime Minister . It is necessary to say that the poor family in which have already a jan dhan accounts in bank,and the accounts holder is her husbands name ,He too should get 500 rupees.Please give those poor family.

  3. The bank where I have my personal account I went to apply to change my personal account to Jan dhan accoutns. but the bank personal not allowing us to enter into bank they are saying staff not working..... What to do at this situation.....

    1. Send mail to customer of your bank head office quoting all your account detail and your mobile no. Must than they help your problem

  4. Are post office CBS sb accounts are also eligible to be converted to Jan dhan account.

  5. I have 1 month only money credited in my account another 2 month not received

  6. I already have rupay debit card...Am I eligible to convert my savings accout to jan dhan account? And how ?


Top Post Ad

Below Post Ad

Ads Area